The focus is on drawing, painting, and mixed media. There is built-in flexibility with the program and approach. Each term a program outline is distributed as a guide for the term but is often adapted as the term progresses.
The approach is to revisit and extend skills, concepts, and techniques through, demonstrations, discussions, experimentation, and application. Advanced students often work on their own projects in consultation with the tutor. We refer to this as the Studio Option. Emphasis will be on 2 dimensional Art Forms “Studio” refers to a mentoring approach. It does not mean that the tutor will conduct individual classes for “Studio” students. Only on days programmed as “Studio”, tutors will prioritize mentoring of individual activities. On other days, tutors will endeavour to assist as much as possible, but tutored activities will take priority.
This class runs concurrently with the Teens Building Basics Class. An advantage of this format is that some students who have missed out on some areas of basics can choose to join the Beginners Group for a term.
Term 3 $400.00 for 10-week term (GST INCL)
Cost covers basic materials for activities eg: A3 papers, paints, charcoal etc.
Students in the Building Basics are asked to provide:
- Small, flat, pencil case:Maximum size 250mm by 120mm eg: to be plastic or wipeable material— eg Studymate Pencil Case Small 250 by 120mm
- For inside your pencil case: Faber-Castell Kneadable Eraser, Pencil Eraser, Pencils: 2 of each: B, 2B, 6B, Pencil sharpener. Scissors.
- A3 Cartridge Pad or A3 Visual Diary
- A3 size, 270 to 300 gsm, economy grade watercolour pad.
- Recommended brands for this watercolour pad: Canson, Eraldo Di Paolo, Artist Spectrum, Reeves and Born. Do not purchase the following brands: Mont Matre, Art Studio, Art Academy, Derwent watercolour pads. Do not purchase rough texture. Do not purchase an acrylic pad